If you are anything like me, you may require a little wind down time. I like to enjoy a relaxing shower, incorporating sleep inducing oils such as Lavender and a Serenity Blend. I occasionally use a diffuser in the bedroom with a blend of Balance and Serenity Therapeutic Grade Oils by DoTerra. Many factors can cause sleep disturbance or a difficulty drifting off to sleep. Stress, jet lag, alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, noisy, cold or hot room, shift patterns, illness, drugs, low self-esteem, anxiety and depression. If your sleeplessness lasts for over a month or affects your daily life, then your GP may recommend sleeping pills. However, these come with side effects, including drowsiness the next day. It is estimated that one in three people have mild insomnia and many more poor sleepers have developed sleep habits that make it difficult to change.
So if you are looking to explore some natural strategies, here are a few to explore:
- Sleep is a natural phenomenon that happens all by itself. The moment you start getting involved with ‘trying to go to sleep’ you are activating your ‘doing mind’ and this will prevent the natural process. I sometimes enjoy going to sleep listening to a mindfulness recording on Headspace or I’d put the timer on and listen to an audio book. I might listen to something I have recorded as I have a few really good sleep recordings.
- Having a routine is helpful for most people.
- Prepare by not having caffeine after 3pm and if possible
- spend a hour or two before bed relaxing. Turn off blue-light emitting devices such as your phone, TV, tablet or laptop an hour before bed. If listen to a relaxation hypnosis at bedtime, make sure the light on your device is covered.
- Studies have shown that hypnosis, mindfulness or meditation can lead to a better night’s sleep. To help my clients get back into a healthy sleep routine, I have created a complimentary DEEP PEACEFUL SLEEP HYPNOSIS mp3. If you would like to treat sleeplessness and insomnia with hypnosis, then email me at email@example.com for access to your free sleep hypnosis audio file. I also offer bespoke 1-2-1 breakthrough sessions to tailor the treatment specifically for you. Get in touch: 07836 635233