5 Simple TRUTHS about Motivation.
- Eat your frog first. Mark Twain famously said that if the first thing you do in the morning is eat a live frog, you can go through the rest of the day knowing the worst is behind you. Your frog is your worst task, and you should do it first. When you prioritise one thing that you really ‘don’t want to do’ FIRST, it will give you a good feeling of accomplishment that will boost vibrant energy for the rest of your day.
- Use a ‘Future You’ Visualisation Process. Take three deeper breaths and bring your focus into your heart centre. Imagine and experience the ‘FUTURE YOU’ thanking YOU for whatever it is you are wanting to accomplish.
- Make sure you break down ANYTHING THAT FEELS BIG into simple steps. Ask for help if there is any aspect that is unclear.
- MEASURE – It helps to focus your mind to CREATE a realistic, measurable, ideal time frame.
- COMMIT to PROGRESS When we commit to anything, we utilise all our creativity and resourcefulness.