Quick Productivity Tips to Stop PROCRASTINATING
1. Mind dump. Write down everything in your mind – get it all out of your brain and onto paper.
2. Now choose what tasks need to be completed.
3. Break down big elephants (big tasks) into small, simple steps.
4. Eat that frog first. A frog is the task you least like. Begin your day with this task first.
5. Remember to break down big projects into small enough steps and treat ‘outsourcing’ or ‘delegating’ as an actionable step.
6. Set a deadline and get rid of distractions. Never wait for ‘the perfect time’ it’s just the mind making up an excuse – just start. Success Mastery Skill (2018) – High Performance Habits, Brendon Burchard.
7. Aim for done over perfect.
8. Decide upon a reward for yourself when it’s done.
9. Push yourself into action with the 2 minute rule. If something is going to take less than 2 minutes – do it now.
10. According to UC Berkeley professor Martin Covington, fear of failure is directly linked to beliefs about self-worth. The limiting belief assumption is that failing means you are not worthy. If you experienced repeated failures then this compounds the feeling of low self-worth, therefore rather than risking failing with the associated fear, you make yourself stay stuck in procrastination. If this is you, reach out for help.
11. Practice the 5 second rule: Count back from 5 to 1 whenever you feel anxiety attempting to move forward, whilst at the very same time PUSH YOURSELF into action. If your mind is operating from familiar patterns, this method prevents your ‘procrastinating mind’ talking you out of taking action.
If having put the above actionable steps into practice and procrastination is still a problem for you, book your free session today by messaging Suzi on +44(0)7836 635233. Let’s get rid of procrastination for good.