7 STEPS TO STOP PROCRASTINATING
1. How to motivate yourself. Finding out how to motivate yourself to get things achieved is a powerful resource worth a little discovery time. If time is our greatest resource, it can be well worth the investment in discovering what brings out the best in you.
2. Create a plan of things you wish to achieve. “He/she who doesn’t plan, plans to fail.” Make a plan of the kind of habits that you really prefer.
3. Break down big projects and tasks into smaller manageable steps. Be realistic and flexible.
4. Encourage yourself do what you least want to do – FIRST. Don’t wait for ‘the perfect time’ simply start. This is a Success Mastery Skill informed from the latest research studies (2018) – High Performance Habits by Brendon Burchard.
5. Motivation comes from action and helpful habits make life a whole lot easier. Every action or non-action you take becomes stronger. Learn mindfulness to become more aware of your patterns.
6. Imagine completing tasks and goals with an associated great feeling of reward and achievement. We are hard wired to move towards pleasure so make ‘achievement’ its own reward and don’t forget to be your own best encourager. Value and appreciate your efforts and this will strengthen feelings of self-worth and self-esteem.
7. Is fear limiting you? According to UC Berkeley professor Martin Covington, fear of failure is directly linked to our self-worth. The limiting belief assumption is that failing to perform means we are not worthy. If a person has repeated failures then this compounds the feeling of low self worth. Rather than risking making a mistake or failing with the associated fear, we make ourselves stay stuck. “If fear is keeping you stuck, get in touch.”
If you wish to learn more get in touch with Suzi on +44(0)7836 635233