Here is a little Christmas, New Year’s gift to inspire taking baby steps forward into your limit-free potential. This is an eyes shut process, so make sure you are somewhere comfortable where you won’t be disturbed.
Anxiety is a habit of fearing the worst case scenario. Anxiety arises from a healthy amygdala in your brain scouting for danger to keep you safe. Unfortunately any underlying fear based belief will fuel anxiety and keep it limiting your quality of life.
Beliefs such as ‘The world is a dangerous place’, or ‘people are not safe’ or ‘I have to always be on guard’ or ‘I’m afraid of humiliation’, ‘looking stupid’ will fuel anxiety and limit a fun-free healthy, happy YOU.
Apart from replacing old beliefs with new empowering beliefs, there are other ways to override the brain’s natural tendency to be negative.
THE MAGIC IN A SMILE Learn what happens when you smile and why smiling causes happiness. Apart from relaxing the facial muscles and calming the nervous system, smiling releases neuropeptides (tiny molecules) that allow neurons to communicate. They facilitate messaging to the whole body and when you smile, the feel good neurotransmitters dopamine, endorphins and serotonin are all released. This not only relaxes and calms your entire body, but can lower your heart rate and blood pressure. Endorphins also act as a natural pain reliever – 100% organically without potential side effects. The more you smile the more effective you are at breaking the brain’s natural tendency to think negatively. If you smile often enough, you end up rewiring your brain to make positive patterns more often than negative ones.
LETTING GO OF ATTACHMENTS & OUTCOMES – This includes: PEOPLE, PLACES, THINGS, LIFE, FEARS, THE FAMILIAR, PAST, EXPECTATIONS… Yes easier said then done. Imagine for a moment, if there was a land slide and you found yourself falling off a cliff with rocks. You attempt to cling onto any great lump of rock that is travelling alongside you. You are clinging to it for dear life, thinking – ‘I’ve got to hold onto this’. Well it doesn’t do a thing for you and it’s only making you more anxious and it is only when you realise this, you let go and relax.
Everybody is heading for death, yet we are ALL clinging to things in the hope that we will be safe. And even though everything is moving, shifting and changing, we attach ourself to things and name all sorts of reasons and responsibilities – wearing ourselves out gripping onto that rock.
So the wise thing to do is simply let go and relax.
Suzi Tyler – Breakthroughs: Confidential Non-judgemental ‘in person’: Kent, London & Video Skype
+44(0)7836 635233 Email: email@example.com
Get in Touch if you wish to learn mindfulness meditation skills
CALL SUZI 07836 635233 TO FIND OUT MORE.
8 Green Road, Birchington, Kent. CT7 9JZ
- Learn how to use mindfulness
- Learn how to meditate
- Discover which style of meditation suits you
- Unlock your Potential for healing, creativity, confidence and inspiration.
“Learn how to relax your mind with simple short cuts that slow your brainwaves.”
Bonus: Free guided meditation
Look and feel more attractive You will discover that meditation is not just for health, all those happy ‘hormones’ will help you to ooze a calm self-confidence that feels amazing too!
If you are new to meditation you might find it enjoyable to start with guided meditations. You can request a free meditation to sample to help you sleep, feel more confident, or help to ease pain.
“Each meditation contains leading edge transformational technologies.” Suzi
Call Suzi on 07836 635233
Here are my simple tips to replace anxiety with intuition
What is Intuition? Your intuition is a kind of sixth sense, or gut instict, which will guide you towards things that help you to learn and grow along a successful path. Whatever deeper purpose you have chosen to experience and contribute on Planet Earth, will become available to you and unfold. As well as having access to the brain’s intuition based on all your experiences, you have access to a vast ocean of spiritual intuition beyond the logical or emotional ‘beta’ brainwave mind.
What is Anxiety and how is it a problem for you? Anxiety is understood to be “false fear appearing real”. In other words, it is an ‘imagined’ fear that we make up in our mind, based on past experiences and project them into the future. Anxiety is therefore an ‘imagined concern’ about something that hasn’t yet happened and might never happen. It IS a problem for you because fear wakes up your ‘amygdala’ activating fear and aggression, so you lose a calm, capable perspective.
Negative effects of Anxiety Anxiety blocks performance by reducing inner calm, creativity and concentration. Anxiety shuts down your intuition as your intellect can be manipulated by fear.
Replacing anxiety with intuition
- Letting go of the past and future is the first step to moving away from anxiety.
- Replace anxiety provoking questions for calm, capable, confidence creating questions. For example, instead of “what if I fail, or I’m useless/not good enough?” replace with “I am enough, I’m fine, I can give it a go, or I’m improving”
- Practice being mindful in the ‘now’ by reserving 5-20 mins of time for meditation practice. Mindfulness is even easier to slot into your day because it simply relies on your ability to take 50 or so conscious breaths throughout the day.
Benefits of Meditation is a practice of slowing down your brainwaves from beta to alpha, so that you have the space to STOP – PAUSE – LISTEN…to an inner stillness with greater access to your intuition. Some meditation styles meditate on a question. This is Quality ‘you’ time – and as you focus on your breath, word or phrase, question or imagery, you will be accessing a calm space of hightened intuition. If this is new for you, your thoughts might speed up at first but within a few days, at the most a week with daily practice of two twenty minute sessions, you will be surprised and delighted with measurable progress. Not only will you have reserves of vibrant energy available, you will have more in control of stress, anger and depression with hundreds of scientifically validated benefits that enhance contentment, inner peace and happiness.
Mindfulness is the practice of being aware of your thoughts, body and feelings in present moment awareness. In other words, accessing the ‘Power of Now’.
WHEN TO SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP If you feel stuck with anxious thoughts that spoil your inner peace, relationship happiness or confidence, there are great techniques available that can replace fear based beliefs or post traumatic stress symptoms.
Suzi Tyler, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hormonal Imbalances: Do you snap or shout at your loved ones? Do you wage war or erupt like a volcano more often than you’d prefer?
Mood swings: If your moods ignite with gusto, it could be that pushed down emotions such as anger, guilt or shame are the ‘hidden’ cause. Fatigue, time pressures are also stressors that increase the likelihood of these outbusts.
Break the cycle of food cravings, too much sugar and stress
Food cravings Cortisol is released in response to stress triggers. A craving for sugar creates a cycle that eventually fatigues the adrenals with more mood swings.
Too much sugar causes blood sugar level fluctuations that crash energy casing further food cravings.
Too much stress creates cortisol, with any excess of this hormone being converted to sugar. At this point, weight gain, skin and digestive sensitivities may arise. Further stress causes food cravings and fatigue … so the cycle of hormonal imbalance continues….
Solution With a willingness to change, you can break free from stressful behaviours.
If you desire a new ’empowered’ way of living with choice over your moods, call +44(0)1843 846947, or call/text +44(0)7836 635233. I’d love to help you. Suzi x
Meditation Evenings in Birchington-on-Sea. Call Suzi on 07836 635233 to find out more.
Meditation is not just for relaxation, it can help you to develop more clarity, creativity and confidence.
More energy: You can expect a reserve of energy to become available for hobbies and fun. Some find that their evenings become full of new possibilities.
Intuition: Meditation practice is often the pathway for unblocking your intuition.
Inspiration: Many people discover they receive inspirations during or after meditating. Hatha Yoga meditation initiates questions to meditate on.
Anxiety relief: You will discover how to dissolve anxious thoughts and stress about the past or future, to enjoy a deeper feeling of inner peace and trust.
On-line Meditation Made Easy Course Now Available: Enjoy a 15 minute holiday from pressures and cares. Enjoy with our compliments The Formula 15 Minute guided meditation. www.theformulabooks.com.
“A Miracle is a shift in perspective” Marianne Williamson
“Changing just one negative belief to a positive belief can change your life”. How do you think your life would improve if you believed ‘everything will turn out for the best’. You may know someone who has the ability to turn any problem into a solution, any crisis or setback into an opportunity for reflection, greater awareness and even greater achievement, inner peace and happiness. “All problems are problems of the imagination and all solutions are solutions of the imagination.” Christopher Howard
1. Mindfulness: The following is an exercise that gives you power over your moods with control over your reactions. If this is entirely new to you, have a little contest with your friends/colleagues, or just yourself: The rules: A whole day with no moaning, whinging, criticising, complaining. No blaming, defending or excuses – Just enjoy with curiosity a ‘relaxing’ and very ‘interesting’ awareness. Could be amusing? Let me know how you get on…
2. Playful When was the last time you played? As a child? Last year? What would happen if you spent a whole day taking life much less seriously. Try it and see. There is a lovely little family saying: “those who play together, stay together.” If you are a parent: you will be giving your kids the best gift if you devote some time to play with them – it helps to find something that you can genuinely enjoy too.
3. Nature Research published in 2013 in the journal Global Environmental Change, found that people are significantly happier in natural environments. Look for ways to get out doors in the coming week – notice how much better you feel.
4. Chocolate Swiss researchers found that eating 1.4 ounces of dark chocolate every day for two weeks reduced stress hormones, including cortisol, in people who were highly stressed. If your weight is healthy and you have a friendly relationship with food, a little of what you fancy can be the perfect antidote to lifting your mood.
5. Music & Dance Studies in the Journal of Positive Psychology, reported students who listened to “happy” music, experienced elevations in mood. Why do you think the shops and restaurants play music? You can also lift your mood whilst dancing. This is one of my personal favourites.
6. Happiness Notebook Studies have found a strong correlation between feeling thankful and happiness. This single task has been found to ease depression. Choose anything you can genuinely be thankful for, as research has proven that in as little as 21 days this habit will positively affect your mood. An attitude of gratitude is one of the key ingredients to increasing happy feeling hormones.
7. Take 10 ~Are you Feeling irritable? It could be a sign of sleep deprivation, or stressful habits. Just 15 minutes of meditation will improve your mood.
8. Volunteer/Helping Others Researchers from the University of Exeter found that volunteering and helping others can boost happiness, ease depression and create fulfilment. People feel healthier and happier when they are making a positive difference. Self worth also improves.
9. Brighter Side Looking at the ‘sunny’ side of a situation can change everything. It’s your perspective that predicts whether you will be a happy or a lonely bitter person.
10. Start something new – begin something/anything – just do something different! When I feel overwhelmed – I declutter an area, my bag, or drawer. I might clean out my car or declutter my filing on my computer or clear my desk in my office. This method always gives me a boost of energy.
Always be learning something new – browse through U-Tube, begin a new fitness or dance class, a new book, discover a new hobby by trying a few things that trigger your interest. Turn off the TV – GET ACTIVE experimenting with activities that interest you.
Mindful Eating Tip
Use this Positive Tip for 21 days and be prepared to be surprised. Savour whatever you eat or drink slowly and deliberately. Really take your time to appreciate the taste, colour, pleasurable feelings and sounds.
Whatever you choose, let go of all judgement and guilt and decide that it is going to do you good.
Your happy feelings and deliberate mindfulness is the magic.
5 Reasons to Stress Less
Mindfulness is the latest skill to combat stress, that helps you to become more aware, to make sure you don’t let stressful thoughts run away with you.
1. Relaxing boosts your memory and helps you to make better decisions. Studies have shown that prolonged stress kills brain cells in the hippocampus, impairing memory and decisions. Stress is now found to increase proteins in the brain linked to Alzheimers.
2. Relaxing eases acne. It’s a vicious cycle: You’re stressed about that presentation at work, so you break out, and then you’re stressed about the breakout! Stress increases sebum that can clog the pores in acne prone skin.
3. Relaxing keeps you safe from depression. The prolonged presence of the stress hormone cortisol can reduce levels of serotonin and dopamine triggering depression.
For tuition on Stress relief and Stress Management, book a private session to begin a relaxation practice that suits your personality and lifestyle: EFT, Meditation, Mindfulness activities and Relaxation recordings.
4. Relaxation improves your mood and relationship happiness. You will feel less snappy, more chilled and in control of your choices with greater ease.
5. Stress makes you fat around your tummy. Stress causes your body to produce cortisol which gets converted into fat if you do not exercise it off.
If you are needing some stress relief and stress management help, get in touch. Suzi sees private clients one-to-one in Kent and London W1.
Call Suzi on 07836 635233 or email: email@example.com
Just to give you a broader perspective, The US military offers marines mindfulness training before they are deployed, in recognition that it is an effective form of mental discipline. “Mindfulness has been shown to help those suffering from depression to manage their emotions better and dwell less on negative memories and feelings.” Mark Leonard, Oxford Mindfulness Centre.
Mindfulness teaches you to be present in the moment rather than being distracted about the past or projecting into the future. It is a simple habit of awareness as you move through your day. Despite it being incredibly simple, a stressed person will find it very difficult to let go of plotting and planning events of the day.
When people feel stressed, the part of the brain associated with “fight or flight” – the amygdala – fires up, reducing the brain’s ability to cope. Modern crises such as a deluge of work –related emails or a clash of personalities are complex and require flexibility and emotional intelligence. But in its primitive state of high alert, the brain fixates on the immediate problem rather than thinking strategically and seeing the bigger picture.
Mindfulness has proven benefits that increase calm, a feeling of ‘lightness’, creativity and wellbeing. Regular practice brings your system back into balance: reducing stress hormones, slowing down your heart rate and blood pressure, and relaxing your muscles.
In addition to its calming physical effects, research shows that mindfulness increases energy and focus, combats illness, relieves aches and pains, heightens problem-solving abilities, and boosts motivation and productivity.
If you want to learn how to encorporate Mindfulness into your daily practice, contact Suzi Tyler on 077836 635233 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are needing some stress relief and stress management help, get in touch. Suzi sees private clients one-to-one in Birchington and Whitstable, Kent and Harley Street, London W1.