If you are interested in my mindfulness group practice or private mentoring, get in touch.
Anxiety-relief, Stress/Anger Management sessions are available in Birchington & Whitstable, Kent and Harley Street, London W1.
If you have been put off meditation in the past, I would prefer you read the following with an open mind. In fact, I would prefer you to think of the following technique as a stress relief strategy. Meditation isn’t just about slowing the brainwaves, it is conclusively proven to boost your energy and vitality significantly. Hormones re-balance, mood improves and relationships improve. Whilst quietening the mind for a few minutes each day, you will be able to look back at the cumulative benefits in surprising ways. Occasionally a moment of bliss, an inspiration or a higher state of consciousness becomes available to you. Higher states of consciousness simply feel like freedom…freedom from the mind’s usual identity, nagging fears and concerns.
Tip 1. Releasing negative emotions: Deep relaxation is possible for everyone. Become aware of any uncomfortable feelings in your body. Sit calmly with them in a state of acceptance as you allow them to release. All emotions that feel uncomfortable are caused by disruptions in your energy system that you have the power to release. If you just sit still with an intention to allow the emotion to pass… it will.
Tip 2. Yoga Breath: Take Three conscious breaths. Allow yourself to focus on your breath and just notice inhaling and exhaling through the nose. Inhale…pause and exhale. For the first three breaths, push your breath all the way out. The breath out stimulates your parasympathetic nervous system to rest and relax.
Tip 3. Taoist Meditation Technique: This is a fun Taoist technique that I personally use a lot. Direct your focus back into the centre of your brain as if looking out through that space between your eyebrows. Imagine you are a little Buddha sitting crossed-legged on a bed of cushions in the centre of your brain behind your eyebrows. This stimulates the pineal gland, responsible for higher states of conscious. If thoughts intrude, repeat a mantra such as ‘release and let go’.
The body can only take so much tension and stress before the body gives you a warning. There are now hundreds of scientifically documented benefits, too numerous to mention here, that recommend meditation to support and maintain vibrant health and wellbeing.
Testimony from David Lynch: “It has given me effortless access to unlimited reserves of energy, creativity and happiness deep within. This level of life is sometimes called “pure consciousness” And this level is deep within us all.”
For one to one anxiety-relief, stress-relief, anger and stress management, get in touch with Suzi on 07836 635233 or email email@example.com
Here are my simple tips to replace anxiety with intuition
What is Intuition? Your intuition is a kind of sixth sense, or gut instict, which will guide you towards things that help you to learn and grow along a successful path. Whatever deeper purpose you have chosen to experience and contribute on Planet Earth, will become available to you and unfold. As well as having access to the brain’s intuition based on all your experiences, you have access to a vast ocean of spiritual intuition beyond the logical or emotional ‘beta’ brainwave mind.
What is Anxiety and how is it a problem for you? Anxiety is understood to be “false fear appearing real”. In other words, it is an ‘imagined’ fear that we make up in our mind, based on past experiences and project them into the future. Anxiety is therefore an ‘imagined concern’ about something that hasn’t yet happened and might never happen. It IS a problem for you because fear wakes up your ‘amygdala’ activating fear and aggression, so you lose a calm, capable perspective.
Negative effects of Anxiety Anxiety blocks performance by reducing inner calm, creativity and concentration. Anxiety shuts down your intuition as your intellect can be manipulated by fear.
Replacing anxiety with intuition
- Letting go of the past and future is the first step to moving away from anxiety.
- Replace anxiety provoking questions for calm, capable, confidence creating questions. For example, instead of “what if I fail, or I’m useless/not good enough?” replace with “I am enough, I’m fine, I can give it a go, or I’m improving”
- Practice being mindful in the ‘now’ by reserving 5-20 mins of time for meditation practice. Mindfulness is even easier to slot into your day because it simply relies on your ability to take 50 or so conscious breaths throughout the day.
Benefits of Meditation is a practice of slowing down your brainwaves from beta to alpha, so that you have the space to STOP – PAUSE – LISTEN…to an inner stillness with greater access to your intuition. Some meditation styles meditate on a question. This is Quality ‘you’ time – and as you focus on your breath, word or phrase, question or imagery, you will be accessing a calm space of hightened intuition. If this is new for you, your thoughts might speed up at first but within a few days, at the most a week with daily practice of two twenty minute sessions, you will be surprised and delighted with measurable progress. Not only will you have reserves of vibrant energy available, you will have more in control of stress, anger and depression with hundreds of scientifically validated benefits that enhance contentment, inner peace and happiness.
Mindfulness is the practice of being aware of your thoughts, body and feelings in present moment awareness. In other words, accessing the ‘Power of Now’.
WHEN TO SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP If you feel stuck with anxious thoughts that spoil your inner peace, relationship happiness or confidence, there are great techniques available that can replace fear based beliefs or post traumatic stress symptoms.
Suzi Tyler, firstname.lastname@example.org
Vibrant Energy Lifestyle
Choose one of your favourite tips to energise your life:
1. Declutter your mind by listing three things you plan to achieve the following day. Everything else, list under the headings ‘ To Delegate’ or ‘Universe’.
2. Breakthrough procrastination by breaking down large projects into small manageable parts and associating pleasure with anything you don’t want to do.
3. Get very clear about why you want to do something because these are your motivators. To avoid inner conflict, make sure your desires are aligned with your values and beliefs.
4. Only have three tasks on your to-do list to inspire a feeling of ease and look forward to the satisfaction of achievement/accomplishment of finishing and completing these three tasks.
5. Buy a present for someone (it can be anything little) and really savour the GIVING. Science has proven white blood cells increase when you give – so giving really is receiving with a boosted immune system for YOU too!
6. Take more oxygen into your whole body by breathing deeper into your diaphram instead of shallow breathing into your chest. Oxygen is energy – so BREATH mindfully and deeply. Accompany your breathing with some stretching or other exercise and you will be giving yourself a boost of endorphins that will give you that vibrant energy lifestyle!
7. Go for a ‘mindful’ walk – which means leaving your worries behind. Each step you take can be mindful, deliberate and free.
8. Release stress by deliberately caring more about your energy and less about perfection. You can reach for excellence when your energy is lined up with food feelings. If you are feeling conflicted or overwhelmed, get help with short cut strategies to release stress, fatigue and increase vibrant energy. In addition, make sure you are eating a selection of fruits, vegetables and superfoods, as well as a few of your favourite treats. If you are looking for easier ways to create a healthier, happier more fulfilled you – find out how by calling Suzi on 07836 635233 or email email@example.com.