CAN MINDFULNESS HELP ANXIETY?
1. Mindfulness is an approach that can train the mind to move out of the habit of insessant worrying.
2. Anxiety sufferers are caught up in a stream of thought. There is a constant vigilance and fearing a ‘perceived’ threat. Perceived pressures and fears that have not yet happened and might never happen.
3. Mindfulness is a practice of being fully present in the current moment. There are many different styles of teaching mindfulness and each teacher will have their own personal approach. Every fortnight, I host a Mindfulness Group Practice in my home practice in Birchington-on-Sea.
4. My approach is to guide some formal exercises and to facilitate different mindfulness practices that can be enjoyed in between sessions.
5. When you approach a mindfulness practice with a fresh and curious mind, you are training your mind to value simple things. An attitude of gratitude with an optimistic, well-trained mind, has no time for anxiety and fear.
6. When you include mindfulness ‘quality YOU TIME’ – you will discover what it is to feel really ALIVE.
New classes from January 2019. Every fortnight – 11.30am Thursdays. Birchington-on-Sea +44(0)7836 635233
If you are interested in my mindfulness group practice or private mentoring, get in touch.