10 Tips to Power your Self-Belief & Self Esteem
- Criticism withers you. Praise builds you up. If you are hard on yourself or perfectionist you may frequently feel you are ‘not enough’. Spend the next 21 days repeating over in your mind “I am enough” Write it on your mirror, everywhere to allow it to really sink in. And don’t worry if you don’t believe it, with sufficient determination and repetition, your unconscious mind will eventually believe!
- Decide what you want and why? Get really clear, as your ‘whys’ are your motivators that inspire you into action.
- Every morning choose one thing to appreciate about yourself, so that at the end of the year you have a long list of positives that feed your self esteem.
- Reward yourself every day with something enjoyable to look forward to, such as a delicious breakfast after an early morning workout.
- Forgive past mistakes and take forward only the positive learnings.
- Take the focus off yourself. Look outside your current difficulties and explore how you can make a positive contribution to someone else, your wider community or world. You can grow your self worth super fast with this powerful action.
- Become aware of your self talk. Make the pictures and words you use in your mind encouraging.
- Flush out those pesky limiting beliefs and replace with perky pleasurable ones instead.
- If you feel you are unappreciated, give out appreciation even more. Appreciating the best in others can encourage others to appreciate the best in you.
- Take constructive criticism practically but not personally. Reject destructive criticism and use ‘constructive’ criticism to improve.
“If you suspect your beliefs are holding you back, get in touch for a brief chat to find out how I can help you. Suzi”